The LED Strip Driver with 4-pin 2.54mm header interface provides easy connectivity to your standard Arduino device. It can help you control the luminance of a single-color LED strip, as well as the color and the luminance of an RGB LED strip through Arduino.
It has 2 terminals and 2 2.54mm-header interfaces. The power for LED strip comes in through the 2-pin terminal. And the LED controlling voltages output through the 4-pin terminal. The 2 2.54-mm header interfaces are respectively screen-printed “IN” (for controlling data input) and “OUT” (for controlling data shared with the next strip driver).
It can drive an LED strip 1 to 2 meters long with 9 V, while 1 to 5 meters long with 12 V. The driver in conjunction with the colorful LED strips can add a wonderful effect to indoor or outdoor usages.
- 2.54mm-header interface (3.3V/5V)
- Can be cascaded for a larger display, with each unit having independent outputs
- Best results achieved with LED strips 5 meters long or shorter
- Outputs PWM signals
- 256 gray-levels are adjustable via programming
- Arduino and MEGA compatible
- Screw Terminals (power input and control signal output interface)
- Delightful stage light effect
- Indoor light decoration
- 12V power supply – Screw terminal for 9~12v power supply.
- Chainable Input – Connected to Arduino or the other driver's chainable output. Pin definition: CLK DIN NC GND.
- Chainable output – Connected to the other driver's chainable input. Pin definition: CLK DOUT NC GND
- LED strip interface – Screw terminals for LED strip. Pin definition: + B R G
- Note: VCC of Arduino is not connected to the 2.54mm header interface.
|Power supply||LED Strip||LED Color||Length(m)||Max current(mA)|
|12V/5A||RGB LED strip||White||1||1032|
|9V/1A||RGB LED strip||White||1||365|
- Download the LEDStripDriver library here. Unzip and import it into Arduino-1.0 Libraries: ..arduino-1.0libraries.
- Select the right Arduino board you are using, like Arduino UNO or Duemilanove or others.
- Upload the SingleLEDStrip demo code if you only use a single driver. Then you can see the alternate colors of red,green,blue of the LED strip.
- In case of two LED strips, upload the DualLEDStrip demo code instead.