Linker VEML6030 uses Vishay’s High Accuracy Ambient Light Sensor VEML6040. VEML6030 is a high accuracy ambient light digital 16-bit resolution sensor in a miniature transparent 2mm x 2mm package. It includes a high sensitive photodiode, a low noise amplifier, a 16-bit A/D converter and supports an easy to use I2C bus communication interface and additional interrupt feature. The ambient light result is as digital value available.
- Operating voltage range : 3V - 5.5V
- Logic voltage range : 3V - 5.5V
- Supply current (TYP.) :
refresh time 4100 ms : 7uA refresh time 600 ms : 13uA refresh time 100 ms : 50uA
- Output type : I2C bus
- Industrial Temperature Range : -25℃ to +85℃
- Ambient light range (lx) : 0 to 167’000
- Ambient light resolution (lx) : 0.005
- Dimension: 24*23.6*9.2mm
- Ambient light sensor for mobile devices (e.g. Smart phones, touch phones, PDA, GPS) for backlight dimming
- Ambient light sensor for industrial on- / off-lighting operation
- Optical switch for consumer, computing, and industrial devices and displays
How to use
Part list :
- Arduino UNO x1
- Linker Base Shield x1
- Linker Cable (20cm) x1
- Linker VEML6030 x1
Connecting the Linker VEML6040 to the I2C interface of Linker Base shield with linker cable :
Place the VEML6030_master library folder your ”arduinosketchfolder/libraries/ folder”.
Open File->Examples->VEML6030->Read_Lux and upload to your Arduino uno wired up to the sensor.
Please select the correct type and port of the board ：
Upload to the Arduino and open the serial console at 9600 baud to see the ALS data output.