Serial Basic 16x2 Character LCD - Black on Green 5V (UART)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 100 and get $10.00 off
The serial UART 16x2 LCD allows you to control a parallel based LCD over a single-wire serial interface. The serial LCD takes care of all the HD44780 commands allowing seamless integration with any micro that can communicate over a wide range of TTL serial baud rates. TheCommunication with Serial 16x2 LCD requires 5V TTL serial at a default baud rate of 9600bps (8-N-1). You can adjust the baud to any standard rate between 2400 and 38400bps. The power, ground and RX pins are all broken out to a 4-pin 2.54mm pitch header.
Serial 16x2 LCD has the ability to dim the backlight to conserve power if needed. There is also a potentiometer on the backpack to adjust the contrast.
- Embedded PIC 16F88 utilizes onboard UART for greater communication accuracy
- Baud rates of 9600
- Greater processing speed at 10MHz
- Incoming buffer stores up to 80 characters
- Backlight transistor can handle up to 1A
- Pulse width modulation of backlight allows direct control of backlight brightness and current consumption
- All surface mount design allows a backpack that is half the size of the original
- Faster boot-up time
- Boot-up display can be turned on/off via firmware