LinkSprite SM5100B GPRS-DTU supports both original SM5100B's AT command and DTU mode. In DTU mode, it has the following feature:
- Integrated TCP/IP Stack
- LinkSprite GPRS-DTU has integrated TCP/IP Stack. Users can treat the LinkSprite GPRS-DTU as a transparent serial port without the knowledge of TCP/IP stack.
- Bi-directional Serial port to TCP/IP transparent data communication
- LinkSprite GPRS-DTU can do transparent bi-directional serial port data to TCP/IP packet bridging. In another words, LinkSprite GPRS-DTU will pack the raw data from serial port to TCP/IP packets without the need to change the original data, and the receiving host side software can restore the TCP/IP packets to the raw serial port data. So LinkSprite GPRS-DTU can be used with the devices that using serial port with any modification to the devices.
- Support heart beat to keep always online
- The mobile network will disconnect GPRS-DTU from the host when there extended time of quiet. Heart beat mode is to keep GPRS-DTU always connected to host by periodically sending small packets.
- Support configurations of parameters and saved to flash
- LinkSprite provides a GUI utility to configure the parameters such as IP, port of host, baud rate of serial port, etc. User can also opt to use the configuration protocol to send commands to GPRS-DTU to configure the GPRS-DTU. Once configured, the parameters are saved to flash, and no need for further configuration when power cycled.